Since the 1980s, Chicago Commons has grown to become one of Chicago’s largest non-profit providers of senior care. Our program helps seniors and disabled adults stay in their homes, preventing or delaying the need for institutional care. As a leader in senior care, our purpose is to lengthen lives and ensure that seniors and adults with disabilities maintain their independence and quality of life. Chicago Commons’ Senior Services program consists of an Adult Day Service and Home Care program.
Adult Day Services
- 205 number of participants
- 3,275 number of hours of service annually
- 14 number of staff
- 93% client satisfaction
- 1008/1100number of participants (billed and total)
- 510number of home care aides
- 585,000/yr | 4800/monumber of hours of care
Seniors GO further with Adult Day Services
Chicago Commons’ Adult Day Service (ADS) program is a professional care setting in which seniors and adults with disabilities are transported to our center to receive individualized therapeutic, social and health care in a community-based group setting.
- Transportation to and from Chicago Commons in wheelchair accessible vehicles
- Nutritious meals
- Personal care
- Physical exercise and range of motion activities
- Recreational and social activities
- Health monitoring
Chicago Commons’ ADS center has the capacity to serve 80 seniors and disabled adults daily, and operates with a fully trained staff and Registered Nurse on duty. The ADS center is open Monday-Friday from 6:30 am to 5:15 pm.
Adult Day Service Center 515 East 50th Street
Chicago, IL 60615
Seniors GO further with Home Care
Chicago Commons’ Home Care services support seniors in their home through the help of an aide. A caregiver visits daily or weekly to assist with activities including:
- Personal care, bath and tuck services
- Cleaning/light housekeeping
- Medication reminders
- Planning and preparing meals
- Laundry, shopping, running errands and escorting to appointments
- “Welcome back” after hospital stays
- Specialty care: Alzheimer’s, Diabetes, Parkinson’s and traumatic brain injury
Home care aides also provide friendship and support for loved ones who may be isolated through age and infirmity. Services are available seven days a week, 24-hours a day and can be scheduled based on the needs of each participant.
Community PartnersChicago Commons partners with many organizations to deliver Senior Services. See Our Community Partners
For more information or to request services call 855-339-5756 or fill out the form below.
Service Request Form
Chicago Commons is a licensed home services agency administered by the Illinois Department of Public Health. We are a certified provider agency through the Illinois Department on Aging and Community Care Program.